The literal meaning of the word LYCHEE is “gift for a joyful life” and lychee undoubtedly lives up to its name. In Chinese legend, lychee fruit is a symbol of love and romance.
- Litchi composes of good amounts of dietary fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants. Hence it must be included in your diet for weight loss.
- Litchi contains a special compounds called oligonol, a low molecular weight polyphenol. Oligonol is thought to have anti-oxidant and anti-influenza virus actions. It also decreases level of exhaustion after exercise, and alleviates facial wrinkles and brow spots. In addition, it helps improve blood flow to organs, reduce weight, and protect skin from harmful UV rays.
- Litchi is an excellent source of vitamin C.
- It is a very good source of B-complex vitamins such as thiamin, niacin, and folates.
- Litchi also carries a very good amount of minerals like potassium and copper. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids help control heart rate and blood pressure; thus, it offers protection against stroke and coronary heart diseases. Copper is required in the production of red blood cells. Lychee fruit has abundant supply of copper, which helps in the formation of red blood cells and prevents anaemia.
- Litchis help to boost the body’s immunity, and develop a high resistance to fight infections. Sustain a healthy skin, prevent frequent colds, flu, sore throat Relieve pain and inflammation
- Being a rich source of Calcium, Phosphorous and Magnesium, the litchi fruit is great for all kids. Calcium helps in the development of bones and teeth while Phosphorous and magnesium are essential for the overall development of a growing child.
- Lychee fruit can prevent the growth of cancer cells. It has chemicals called flavonoids and beta carotenes, which have been proven to be effective prevent breast cancer due to their antioxidant properties.